You are here
The Conference Award offers $250 prizes for students who are attending a sex/gender differences or women's health conference or presenting sex/gender differences or women's health research at any conference. These funds can be used to cover conference registration or travel costs. Although we will be distributing awards to applicants who are attending conferences, aplicants who are presenting research will be favoured.
- You must be a registered student or postdoctoral fellow at a Canadian university.
- You must be presenting your sex/gender differences or women's health work (poster or talk) at an upcoming conference.
- OR you must be attending an upcoming conference about sex/gender differences or women's health.
If you are attending a conference about sex/gender differences or women's health
- You will be asked to indicate which conference you want to attend, the total registration cost and outline how it relates to sex/gender differences or women's health research.
- You are not required to register for the conference before applying for this award, but proof of registration will be requested before funds are distributed.
If you are presenting sex/gender differences or women's health research at a conference, you will be asked to provide the following
- Either a CCV or pre-doctoral or fellowship NIH-style Biosketch (no more than 4 pages)
- Conference Abstract (optional, 250 words max)
- Indicate which conference you intend to present your research at. Proof of abstract acceptance by a conference and conference registration is required before funds are distributed, but are not required at time of application.
Please complete your application by April 24, 2022. Notice of decision will be sent out on April 29th.
This award is made possible by the donation of Dr. Elizabeth Rideout who is the CIHR Sex and Gender Chair in Genetics, and Elsevier. If you are interested in sponsoring the Women's Health Research Cluster with a major gift please send us an email at email@example.com.