You are here
Expand each section to expand your mind. Check back frequently as new resources are always being added. We welcome suggestions about new resources that might be a good fit for our library too! Let us know what we could add by emailing our Director of Operations & Strategic Initiatives.
Disclaimer: We strive to bring you up to date research on a variety of topics. When reviewing the content below, please note the date they were published to gauge how recent the research is. No information on our website should be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from a qualified doctor or clinician.
- Sex and Gender Differences in Response to Vaccines: Why do Women Experience Greater Adverse Reactions?—seminar video
- How has COVID-19 Impacted Women's Health?—podcast episode: listen on Apple Podcats, Spotify or other streaming platforms.
- COVID-19 Infection and Vaccination During Pregnancy—blog
- COVID-19 Difference Between Men and Women—blog
- COVID-19 Vaccines and Infertility: Fact or Fiction?—blog
- Menstrual Irregularities and the COVID-19 Vaccine—blog
- Why Paying Attention to Sex and Gender will Advance our Knowledge on COVID-19—blog
- Check out this Toronto Star Op Ed to understand why investment in women's health research is important.
- Read our Women's Health Blog to learn about diverse women's health topics
- Watch videos from our Women's Health Seminar Series, which are about a variety of women's health topics
- Alumni UBC Podcast: Happy Ever After? How Marriage Impacts Our Health and Happiness
- Women's Health After Motherhood
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- CIHR's Meet the Methods Series: "What and who is Two-Spirit?" in Health Research
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- International Decade for People of African Descent
- Dimensions: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion by the Government of Canada
- Athena SWAN Charter
- Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion
- How to Outsmart your Own Unconscious Bias (TED Talk)
- Check out this list of resources & tools that help you address gender bias in academia.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives at Canadian universities
- BC Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Language Guide
- Science Communication Career Workshop—YouTube video of a panel discussion
- The Plain Language Guide: Developed by the BC Support Unit, this guide will help you effectively communicate your research to non-academic communities to maximize it's impact.
- How to Evidence and Record Policy Impact: A ‘how to’ guide for Researchers
- Considerations for Measuring the Impact of Policy-Relevant Research
Policy impact and online attention: Tracking the path from research to public policy on the social web
- BC Children's Hospital BioBank
- This is a valuable resource to local and international researchers, as it collects and stores biological samples and matching clinical data for future ethically approved studies. In addition to children’s samples, they have maternal samples such as blood, umbilical cord blood, and placenta from both premature and full term deliveries. They are CTRNet certified and have experience providing biobanking services for basic and clinical research projects.
- Every Mother Counts Advocacy Toolkit
- This toolkit was created by Every Mother Counts and helps readers understand important components of advocacy and tools you can use to help improve maternal health and health equity.
- Sex Matters: How Male-Centric Medicine Endangers Women's Health and What We Can Do About It
- Estrogen Matters: Why Taking Hormones in Menopause Can Improve Women's Well-Beging and Lengthen Their Lives—Without Raising the Risk of Breast Cancer
- Invisible Women: Exposing Data Bias in a World Designed for Men
- Better Sex Through Mindfulness