Women’s Health Research Cluster Trainee Travel Awards Application!
We are pleased to announce the launch of the Women’s Health Research Cluster Trainee Travel Awards. The awards are intended to assist Trainees with travel to conferences/workshops to present their research. Trainee members in the cluster, who are presenting their women’s health related research may apply for funding to attend local, national or international conferences or workshops.
The cluster will offer up to 10 awards of up to $250 each per trainee. The award can be used to cover travel expenses, accommodation, conference/workshop registration costs and per diems. Total funding available is $2,500. Only one award per trainee per year.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Trainee member (Masters, PhD or Post Doc) in the Women’s Health Research Cluster.
- Be presenting a talk or poster presentation at a local, national or international conference or workshop in 2019.
- Be the first author on the abstract, which has been accepted for presentation at the conference.
- Deadline for Applications: August 9th, 2019 at 11:59 PM (for travel in 2019)
- Funding decision date: September 20th, 2019. Award funding decision notifications will be sent to applicants by email.
To apply applicants, need to complete and submit the online WHRC Travel Award Application form (below) and upload all required supporting documents. Please note applications submitted with missing or incomplete information will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed by committee chosen from the Women’s Health Research cluster membership.
Funds for this travel award will be released after the conference/workshop. Reimbursements will be provided upon submission of receipts and proof of attendance of the conference/workshop.
Proof of conference attendance/presentation include:
- A Copy of the accepted conference/workshop abstract
- A copy of the conference program (Highlight name, title of poster/presentation, poster number, order of authorship)
Note: Trainees must submit all original receipts for expenses being claimed. Spending should adhere to the UBC Policy on Travel and Related Expenses (www.universitycounsel.ubc.ca/policies/policy83.pdf).
Please contact Ama Kyeremeh (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about the travel award application process.